Mercure Blackburn Dunkenhalgh Hotel
Never has there been as much media, political and public scrutiny of how we seek to protect vulnerable children from sexual exploitation and abuse, with national attention on investigations such as Savile and Hall. In addition the internet continues to carry an increasing threat of grooming to vulnerable children. A significant area for us all requiring both cultural and legal change is how victims of exploitation particularly those that have been in care are both perceived and treated by services.
This one day conference will therefore focus on many of these issues, and allow professionals from across a wide range of partnerships to hear and discuss areas of best practice and innovation to tackle and prevent child sexual exploitation.
The conference will cover the following:
- Lessons learned from Stuart Hall Investigation
- The role of Multi Agency Safeguarding Hubs
- The ENGAGE Team
- Crown Prosecution Service
- Case Study of Group related abuse and exploitation
- The voice of a victim/family
- CSE and community cohesion
For booking and more information Click Here