The Therapeutic Care Journal
For everyone working with children and young people
Promoting Therapeutic Child Care, Social Pedagogy and Trauma Informed Practice
with articles and information to inform, stimulate and educate.
Written by and for those working within child care internationally
Our mission is to share knowledge about all aspects of care for children and young people in order to ensure excellent outcomes. The TCJ (formerly The Children Webmag) offers a range of articles and information published by those who live and work with children and young people, sharing thoughts, reflections, working notes, articles and papers to capture the ‘lived experience’ of the work. You are invited to explore the articles (over 1600 of them as at June 2017) and comment on the content.
These are the latest articles:
- International Centre News December 1st 2017
- Book Review: By David Lane
- The Meaning of Home. By Christina A. Sieber, M.A.
- Remembering Mrs Smyly. By Tony Moore
- ‘No More Labels’ – a new charity. By Lisa Cherry
- The Gloucestershire Counselling Service Story. By Diana Russell-Carey
- The rehabilitation of street children in Rwanda. By Chaste Uwihoreye
- Supporting children who have been involved in military actions. By Chaste Uwihoreye
- A Miscarriage of Justice. By Thadei Kamesi.
- How do we know we are human beings ? By Keith White