The Therapeutic Care Journal
For everyone working with children and young people
Promoting Therapeutic Child Care, Social Pedagogy and Trauma Informed Practice
with articles and information to inform, stimulate and educate.
Written by and for those working within child care internationally
Our mission is to share knowledge about all aspects of care for children and young people in order to ensure excellent outcomes. The TCJ (formerly The Children Webmag) offers a range of articles and information published by those who live and work with children and young people, sharing thoughts, reflections, working notes, articles and papers to capture the ‘lived experience’ of the work. You are invited to explore the articles (over 1600 of them as at June 2017) and comment on the content.
These are the latest articles:
- International Centre News October 1st 2017
- Child Care History Network Seminar
- “What is closest to the heart is closest to the mouth” By Ed Drea
- Gratitude. By Des Mooney
- The Therapy of Shared Experiences and Memories. By Keith White.
- “The City Streets will be filled with Boys and Girls Playing There” By Keith White
- Manchester workshops for residential children’s home staff
- International Centre News August 1st 2017
- Revealing the Inner World of Traumatized Children
- Social Pedagogy: An Invitation / Pocket Book