The Therapeutic Care Journal
For everyone working with children and young people
Promoting Therapeutic Child Care, Social Pedagogy and Trauma Informed Practice
with articles and information to inform, stimulate and educate.
Written by and for those working within child care internationally
Our mission is to share knowledge about all aspects of care for children and young people in order to ensure excellent outcomes. The TCJ (formerly The Children Webmag) offers a range of articles and information published by those who live and work with children and young people, sharing thoughts, reflections, working notes, articles and papers to capture the ‘lived experience’ of the work. You are invited to explore the articles (over 1780 of them as at April 2019) and comment on the content.
These are the latest articles:
- International Centre News 1st February 2021
- The case of Standon Farm Approved School, 1947
- Report of the Mulberry Bush/ CSP event ‘Care of Young Offenders; progress or decline’?
- International Centre News 1st December 2020
- Seconds Out: Round Three! (An Update on Creating Safe Space). By Keith White.
- Creating belonging. By John Diamond
- Dr Josephine Lomax-Simpson: Continuity of Concern
- The Trouble With Jane. By Thomas Keaney
- The Right Kind of Space. By Keith White
- Fostering and the Therapeutic Relationship. By Dr. Chris Hanvey