The Therapeutic Care Journal
For everyone working with children and young people
Promoting Therapeutic Child Care, Social Pedagogy and Trauma Informed Practice
with articles and information to inform, stimulate and educate.
Written by and for those working within child care internationally
Our mission is to share knowledge about all aspects of care for children and young people in order to ensure excellent outcomes. The TCJ (formerly The Children Webmag) offers a range of articles and information published by those who live and work with children and young people, sharing thoughts, reflections, working notes, articles and papers to capture the ‘lived experience’ of the work. You are invited to explore the articles (over 1780 of them as at April 2019) and comment on the content.
These are the latest articles:
- A life dedicated to research: The Dorothy Stock Whitaker Archive
- How can staff help reduce self-harm in a residential setting? By Scott Mitchell
- The Roots of Research. By Keith White
- Using outdoor activities to support traumatised children. By Elsa Bouillard
- To what extent does a nurturing environment support the academic engagement of traumatised children? By Laura Dennis
- Professional Issues in Therapeutic Provision for Children and Young People. By Bianca Benoit Patterson.
- The Creation of Safe Space through Appropriate Boundaries. By Keith White
- International Centre News 1st August 2020
- From The Archives: Maintenance of Mental Health
- Maintaining therapeutic relationships during lockdown. By Rhiannon Thomas