The Therapeutic Care Journal
For everyone working with children and young people
Promoting Therapeutic Child Care, Social Pedagogy and Trauma Informed Practice
with articles and information to inform, stimulate and educate.
Written by and for those working within child care internationally
Our mission is to share knowledge about all aspects of care for children and young people in order to ensure excellent outcomes. The TCJ (formerly The Children Webmag) offers a range of articles and information published by those who live and work with children and young people, sharing thoughts, reflections, working notes, articles and papers to capture the ‘lived experience’ of the work. You are invited to explore the articles (over 1780 of them as at April 2019) and comment on the content.
These are the latest articles:
- International Centre News December 2019
- From the PET Archive – Change As A Learning Situation
- Book review of ‘A Finchden Experience’ (Author Alan Wendelken). By Dr Chris Hanvey
- Who remembers ”person-centred casework” nowadays ? By Keith White.
- A Homely Nest. By Keith White
- Working with Trauma. By Sean Williams
- International Centre News October 2019
- From The PET Archive – Curative Factors Within Therapeutic Communities
- The Loneliness of the Long-Distance Child in Care. By Keith White
- Resilience Revisited. By Keith White