The Therapeutic Care Journal
For everyone working with children and young people
Promoting Therapeutic Child Care, Social Pedagogy and Trauma Informed Practice
with articles and information to inform, stimulate and educate.
Written by and for those working within child care internationally
Our mission is to share knowledge about all aspects of care for children and young people in order to ensure excellent outcomes. The TCJ (formerly The Children Webmag) offers a range of articles and information published by those who live and work with children and young people, sharing thoughts, reflections, working notes, articles and papers to capture the ‘lived experience’ of the work. You are invited to explore the articles (over 1770 of them as at September 2018) and comment on the content.
These are the latest articles:
- International Centre News February 2019
- Making a Difference When Attachment is Insecure. By Keith White.
- A General Theory of Love. By Keith White
- Rethinking Learning. By Dr Neil Thompson.
- Orb8’s Model of Therapeutic Caring. By Dr Jane Herd.
- Being with and tuning in – working note. By John Burton.
- The use of play in the development of children. By Emily Harris
- International Centre News December 2018
- Unheld in a Healthy Mind. By Keith White
- “I Can Still Hear that Scream as if were in this room now”. By Keith White