The Therapeutic Care Journal
For everyone working with children and young people
Promoting Therapeutic Child Care, Social Pedagogy and Trauma Informed Practice
with articles and information to inform, stimulate and educate.
Written by and for those working within child care internationally
Our mission is to share knowledge about all aspects of care for children and young people in order to ensure excellent outcomes. The TCJ (formerly The Children Webmag) offers a range of articles and information published by those who live and work with children and young people, sharing thoughts, reflections, working notes, articles and papers to capture the ‘lived experience’ of the work. You are invited to explore the articles (over 1770 of them as at September 2018) and comment on the content.
These are the latest articles:
- International Centre News October 2018
- Building and maintaining the therapeutic structure, and some thoughts on the consultant’s role. By John Burton
- The wheel comes full circle. By Keith White.
- A case study of a child filmmaker from a children’s home. By Edina Fecskó-Pirisi and Nándor Grosch
- International Centre News August 2018
- Mulberry Bush 70 Years of History, so many lives changed forever. By Chris Wager.
- With Thanks to Barbara Dockar-Drysdale from Mill Grove. By Keith White
- Barbara Dockar-Drysdale: A personal appreciation. By Richard Rollinson
- Barbara Dockar-Drysdale. By Robin Reeves
- International Centre News June 2018