The Therapeutic Care Journal
For everyone working with children and young people
Promoting Therapeutic Child Care, Social Pedagogy and Trauma Informed Practice
with articles and information to inform, stimulate and educate.
Written by and for those working within child care internationally
Our mission is to share knowledge about all aspects of care for children and young people in order to ensure excellent outcomes. The TCJ (formerly The Children Webmag) offers a range of articles and information published by those who live and work with children and young people, sharing thoughts, reflections, working notes, articles and papers to capture the ‘lived experience’ of the work. You are invited to explore the articles (over 1600 of them as at June 2017) and comment on the content.
These are the latest articles:
- A Rock that will not Move. By Keith White
- New Book: Revealing The Inner World of Traumatised Children and Young People
- Tanzania: Persecution of people with albinism. By Thadei Kamesi
- The Scars of Childhood Traumas are Deep and Lasting. By Keith White
- Your Life, Your Story. By Rosie Canning and Lisa Cherry.
- International Centre News February 1st 2018
- International Centre News December 1st 2017
- Book Review: By David Lane
- The Meaning of Home. By Christina A. Sieber, M.A.
- Remembering Mrs Smyly. By Tony Moore