The Therapeutic Care Journal
For everyone working with children and young people
Promoting Therapeutic Child Care, Social Pedagogy and Trauma Informed Practice
with articles and information to inform, stimulate and educate.
Written by and for those working within child care internationally
Our mission is to share knowledge about all aspects of care for children and young people in order to ensure excellent outcomes. The TCJ (formerly The Children Webmag) offers a range of articles and information published by those who live and work with children and young people, sharing thoughts, reflections, working notes, articles and papers to capture the ‘lived experience’ of the work. You are invited to explore the articles (over 1200 of them and counting) and comment on the content.
These are the latest articles:
- Who do you think you are? Adolescent groups and everyday life. By Robert D. Hinshelwood, Luca Mingarelli
- Saving Grace. By Dr Keith White
- Transformative Healing. By Amelia Franck Meyer
- Professional Love. By Dr Keith White
- International Centre News December 2016. By John Diamond
- National Centre News October 2016. By John Diamond
- Whose childhood? By Dr. Keith White
- Special Offer on “Leadership in Residential Child Care” by Adrian Ward.
- ADHD – A Psychodynamic Perspective by Damien McLellan
- “Why Haven’t You Burnt Out?” By Dr Keith White.