The Therapeutic Care Journal
For everyone working with children and young people
Promoting Therapeutic Child Care, Social Pedagogy and Trauma Informed Practice
with articles and information to inform, stimulate and educate.
Written by and for those working within child care internationally
Our mission is to share knowledge about all aspects of care for children and young people in order to ensure excellent outcomes. The TCJ (formerly The Children Webmag) offers a range of articles and information published by those who live and work with children and young people, sharing thoughts, reflections, working notes, articles and papers to capture the ‘lived experience’ of the work. You are invited to explore the articles (over 1600 of them as at June 2017) and comment on the content.
These are the latest articles:
- International Centre News June 1st 2017
- Beyond Victim and Survivor. By Dr Keith White.
- Pre-Primary School Programme in Rwanda
- A Child Protection Case Study from Tanzania. By Thadei Kamisa
- Cultivating a Relational Universe. By Andy Carter & Gabriel Eichsteller
- Music therapy for working with anxiety. By Jenny Holt
- Developing residential care in Chile. By Cate Robinson
- Black bin bags ? a symbol of how we view children in care. By Jenni Randall
- ECLCM Caring Teams. By Ed Nixon.
- The Cotswold Community. A re-published paper. By John Whitwell.